Saturday, October 1, 2011

Welcome Fall! Here's what's up!

It's October 1st, the air is crisp, and I'm listening to Christmas music! ...yes I know..I'm weird. I have the mindset that Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are all one big holiday and I tend to celebrate them in a swirl of holiday goodness.

This is absolutely my most favorite time of year!

Here's a quick update.

I recently realized that God has provided me with steady work from the moment I moved back home to Georgia last August, up until now and at least until January. I am truly blessed. And each of those job just fell into my lap. How I've managed to turn babysitting into a full time job is beyond me. It's been a fun ride. I have definitely learned a lot about kids and come to many conclusions about any hypothetical parenting I may end up doing one day.

I will be applying to Disney World in December. I am praying hard that God will open a door for me to start working as a Cast Member again in January. I know I'll need money to make the transition to Orlando, so I have been saving money like never before! God is definitely teaching me about discipline and self-control this year. I now wake up early, care about my eating habits, save money, care about being on time to things (well...sometimes ;P), and run three days a week! I am SOOO not into any of those things, it just goes to show that God really does answer prayers. I have prayed to be more disciplined and it's clear that God has been helping me to become more diligent. I am amazed, because it's definitely not by my own will power, that's for sure! I'm just so glad that I'm developing these good "grown-up girl" habits before I move out on my own!

I am happily, hard at work dreaming up and collecting for my future apartment on my own. My kitchen is going to be retro 1950's style with lots of red and some black and white checkers, like an old soda shop. I've already started my collection. My whole christmas list is filled with cute kitchen necessities and decorations. I guess I've become a legit woman now that I'm enthused about kitchen gear. Sheesh...I truly thought that day would never come. I can remember thinking my sister-in-law, Becca was absolutely nuts for putting kitchen stuff on her Christmas list. I have seen the light now though. Haha! My living room is going to be filled with framed photographs of very lush, green nature scenes for a black and green modern nature look.

Ruthie Fu is getting SO big! Also she has already started losing her baby teeth and getting her adult teeth in. It's amazing how quickly puppies grow! The tooth fairy visited her the night she lost her two front teeth and I am going to take her trick or treating in costume on Halloween. I'm basically raising her like a human child...it's pretty intense. Haha. She even has her own little hoodie. She knows how to sit, lay down, and play dead when I say, "bang". It's extremely cute.

So that's about it for me, I am thoroughly enjoying this time living with my parents and raising our two puppies. Life is good. I can't wait for all the holiday fun that is just around the corner!! There's excitement in the air.

Here's a slice of what's to come: Halloween, Putting up the Christmas tree, Thanksgiving, The Muppets Movie, The California family comes to stay for a WHOLE MONTH (and possibly Jon and Mallory too!), Applying for Disney, Christmas, and Passion 2012....to name a few. Let the good times role. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment